So I got a job.
I thought I'd be thrilled. I was initially but I've been there for almost 4 weeks and I've just had a technical promotion. When people quit you tend to be bumped up the ranks quickly without a massive amount of training. Sadly with higher responsibility comes more rubbish.
I'm trying to be very careful about what I write. I like my job. I really do. I'm good at it, I adore my colleagues and I don't stop from 9 - 5. These things I like. Now on to the things I don't.
I work for an organisation that provides a service to people for free that the rest of the population pay for. What saddens me most about this role is that so many people are so very ungrateful. I can only assume that the more things you are give for free the more they expect. My role is the front line of customer service... by this I mean the complaints service. Touch wood I've been relatively lucky with people I've spoken to, they've all been so lovely. I even had someone tell me to have a lovely day. However colleagues have been told they're shameful, disgusting, awful human beings... for providing a free service. Now, we retaliate occasionally, leaving appointments till last minute and leaving people on hold a touch longer than necessarily. Small penalties for not having the courtesy to just be nice, to not lie, to not swear.
The point I'm trying to make is, "be lovely to everyone" especially if they're doing you a service. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. And your appointment will be earlier if you aren't a dick.
Simple.
Powered by Blogger.
About Me
- Lydabuff
- 25. Fen-girl. Cat Lover.